Wednesday, July 27, 2016

The Heat Wave and Art

Seagulls Playground
oil painting by Jane McElvany Coonce

The Washington DC area has been suffering from a heat wave for the past week.  It isn't pleasant being outside, so I've been staying indoors and getting a lot of painting done.  It's been really great painting all day.  No grocery store, no running to the bank.  Too hot to go out so I just paint, paint, paint!  

I'm working on a couple of commissions, but I'm also finishing up some demos I did in my class.  Last semester, we were painting rocks and water.  I did a small painting in each class, but never put the finishing touches on them.  So this week, I finished up several paintings that have been sitting in my studio,  waiting for attention.

I will have them at the Gallery Underground in August.  Put Friday, August 5th on your calendar for the opening reception at the Gallery. It will be from 5 to 8 pm.   I'll be there.  Stop by and say hi and see some of the work I did during the heat wave.
Sailing School Across the Bay
oil painting by Jane McElvany Coonce

No comments:

Post a Comment