Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Snowy Evening
oil painting by Jane McElvany Coonce

 I don't think we are going to have a white Christmas this year, but I want to wish everyone a merry Christmas and happy holidays.  It's been an interesting year, to say the least.  I think the year 2020 will be burned into our brains for the remainder of our lives.  It is the year that I painted the most in my entire career.  Staying home has some advantages.  

This painting became my Christmas card this year.  It was started as a demo for one of my online art classes.  In the fall, we focused on doing paintings with snow as the subject that would turn into our Christmas cards.  I continued to work on it after the hour demo, and this was the finished product.  

I'm hoping we get a little snow this year so that I can take more photographs to work from for next year's holiday card.  I have to be careful what I wish for; we could end up with the blizzard of the century, although I highly doubt it.  I'm pretty much in the house all the time anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter. 

In the meantime, I hope everyone enjoys the holidays as best they can.  Stay safe, wear a mask, and social distance so we can get out of this mess! I do miss traveling! And I also miss seeing my friends and my students.  Here's hoping that 2021 will bring better memories.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! I have really enjoyed your beautiful work this year.
    Cheryl Bearss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2021 Jane! It’s gotta be better than 2020-very challenging to say the least, but we made it. Thanks for all your inspirational classes, and looking forward to time together again!
    Liz Shaeffer

    ReplyDelete