Sunday, April 7, 2013

Reception tonight: "Walk the Line" at Cassatt's

Pears by the Stained Glass Window
by Jane McElvany Coonce


Springtime is a busy time in the art world.  Especially for the Arlington Artists Alliance.  Tonight is the opening reception for the juried show "Walk the Line."  The reception is from 6 to 7:30 pm and you can come, see the show, and meet the artists.  I'll be there!

The Red Hat
by J.McElvany Coonce
I have two paintings in the show.  The first one is the pear painting.  When the still life was set up, there was no stained glass window behind it.  I did the painting but thought it needed something more in the background.  I had a photo in my purse of a stained glass window behind a sculpture.  I pulled it out and decided that the stained glass window was what my painting needed.  So I added it in.  That's the beauty of being an artist.  We can alter reality!
The other painting that I got into the juried show was "The Red Hat." This is an acrylic painting done with thin washes and the drawing coming through.  Very different than my oil painting style.  I hope you'll get to stop by for the reception, but if not, the show will be up at Cassatt's for the month of April.  Cassatt's is located at 4536  Lee Highway in Arlington.

No comments:

Post a Comment