Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Oct 2013- The Art League Show- "Body Language"

Bright Lights on a Rainy Night
by Jane McElvany Coonce
Every month I play the lottery by entering The Art League show.  Members of The Art League are allowed to submit 2 paintings for jurying, although only one is allowed to be accepted.  I help with the jurying.  I'm one of the workers who holds up the paintings for the judge to see.  I always try to hold up my own two paintings in front of the judge and try to send him mental telepathy that he must select one of these fabulous paintings that is before him.  This month, it worked!  Jay Hall Carpenter was the judge, and he selected my painting, "Bright Lights on a Rainy Night."  It's a small 8 inch by 8 inch painting and it's one of my favorites.  I was happy the judge liked it, too.  It's one of my night series paintings.  I am always in a good mood when I get accepted in The Art League show!

No comments:

Post a Comment