Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Wishes for 2016

Sunset on Winter Snow
oil painting by Jane McElvany Coonce


I want to take a few moments to wish everyone a happy holiday, whether it's Christmas or Hanukkah or anything else you celebrate, and to wish you a Happy New Year.  This is to all my friends and family and people who support me through my life.  I'm am grateful for all of you because you make my life so rich and joyful.  I am indeed a lucky woman.  I don't see some of you often, but none the less, you have enriched my life. Even the students I have had on the cruise ship, you have brought me joy!

I read somewhere that if you wake up every day and name what you are thankful for, you will have a happier day.  I think this is true.  With so much negativity in the world, we need to focus on the positive.

What brings you joy?  Focus on that.  If you can't think of anything, then you need to start painting!  As one of my lawyer students said, " Taking your class and painting is a lot cheaper than if I had to pay a psychiatrist. "  There is a reason there is such a thing as art therapy.

Whatever you do this upcoming year, I hope it is filled with joy and laughter and also thankfulness.


No comments:

Post a Comment