Wednesday, February 6, 2019

February 2019 Reception at Gallery Clarendon this Friday

From Georgetown to the Cathedral
by Jane McElvany Coonce
It's been a while since I've blogged. I apologize.  No excuses, but I have been painting quite a bit getting ready for several upcoming shows. One of them is this Friday at Gallery Clarendon. The painting in the photo above is a large watercolor painting of Washington, DC.  It has Georgetown and Key Bridge in the foreground with the Washington Cathedral in the distance.  It's the largest watercolor I have ever done ( a full sheet) and I have to say it was quite intimidating.  I've done large oils before, and I don't bat an eye at the prospect. But something about watercolor...what if I get 80% done and I screw it up? All kinds of crazy thought go through one's head.  Anyway, I finally finished it, and this is the first show that it's been in. Everyone is invited; bring your friends , bring your family. It's from 5 to 8 pm this Friday at Gallery Clarendon, 2800 Clarendon Blvd, Arlington, VA. We are located at the corner of Fillmore St and Clarendon Blvd. Look for the red awning on the corner. I might be up on the 2nd floor pouring wine, so come and look for me. I'll be there. We are having spring-like temperatures so come out and take advantage of some warm weather in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment