Friday, March 27, 2020

Remnants of Summer - Add on

Version 1
Version 2

One of the things I'm doing in this time of sequester is to take old paintings and add to them.  Sometimes I do it because I have had them a while and they haven't sold.  Other times, I do it because I feel the painting needs something more.

In "Remnants of Summer," I did Version 1 in 2005.  I've put it in art shows for 14 years.  I always liked it because I love trompe l'oeil.  I loved painting the old shutter. 

I decided to add more to it.  I added an American flag and a postcard of Rehoboth Beach.  It tells a little more of a story.

The camera has made the color brighter in version 2, but that just the way it printed.

Which one do you like better?  In the other paintings that I've added something to an older painting, people seem to like the original one better.  Art is always in the eye of the beholder.

No comments:

Post a Comment