Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek
by Jane McElvany Coonce

This weekend, I went to Woodstock, Va. for my annual retreat.  I'm part of a group that has been meeting for years. Quite a few still lifes are set up at the 7East Art Gallery, and we paint for 3 days.  That's the  gallery where my solo show, "A Slice of Life," is this month.

Here's what I worked on all weekend. It's called "Hide and Seek".  It's part of my crab series.  My crab series will be featured at my solo show in May at the Gallery Underground in Crystal City.  More to come about that show, but I have quite a collection of crab paintings that haven't been displayed anywhere before. Put May 10 on your calendar.  That's the reception night for the show.  It's a Friday night and will be from 5-8. But it's a ways off so I have time to do one or two more before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment