Thursday, March 7, 2013

Painting on a Snow Day

Umbrian Passageway
by Jane McElvany Coonce

Yesterday was supposed to be the big snow storm of the year.  Arlington County Schools were closed so I couldn't teach since  my class was canceled.  I decided to start working on some Umbrian scenes.

 Last summer, we went to Italy and I took thousands of pictures.  Next May, I will teach a plein air art class there.  I need to make a brochure to advertise the class and wanted to do some paintings that I could use in the brochure.

I sketched this scene out Tuesday night and started painting. On Wednesday, I worked all day, waiting for the snow to hit. Needless to say, we didn't get any snow.   I did a few touch ups  on the painting today. So here is the first painting of my Umbrian series!!!!

The phantom snow storm gave me a whole day to focus on my painting!  Maybe we need a few more of those.  I'm sure the grocery stores love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment