Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Analysis of the Studio Tour

Bright Lights on a Rainy Night
by Jane McElvany Coonce

The Arlington Artists Alliance's 3rd Annual Studio Tour was held this past weekend.  I held my studio tour at my house since I no longer have a studio at Stifel and Capra.  ( I still rent wall space at S&C, but I paint at home; this was a decision I made when Seamus, our beloved German Shepherd, was diagnosed with cancer.)

I had a great turn out this weekend, and I want to thank my friends and neighbors that came by to support me.  I had 76 people come by my house.  It was great!  I got to talk with lots of interesting people and met quite a few of my neighbors that I did not know before.  Sales were good, and I am glad I participated.

"Bright Lights on a Rainy Night" was the painting that represented me on the brochure/map.  It's finding a new home, and I have to say, I'm going to miss it. This was a fun painting to do, and I enjoyed it being in my home.  But I know it will be happy in it's new home, and it  inspires me  to paint more.

Thanks everyone who stopped by.  I love you guys!  Everyone needs a cheerleader on their side, and that's what you are to me.  I can't thank you enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment