Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Art League's Small Works Show- Nov 2013

Piper Playing Cello
(watercolor)
by Jane McElvany Coonce

The Art League had the jurying today for the small works show.  I entered "Piper Playing the Cello" and it was accepted!!!!  That always puts me in a good mood when I get into their shows.  Competition is stiff, so it's not an easy feat.

This is a watercolor I did of my great niece, Piper.  Her mother, Leighanne, took the photo and I couldn't resist.  I've really been working on my watercolor techniques.  I am more comfortable as an oil painter, but watercolor is intriguing.  I think when an artist tries a new medium or a new technique, it makes them grow as an artist. Watercolor is a lot less messy.  Easy set up and easy clean up.

This is my first watercolor that has been accepted in a juried show at The Art League.  The show will hang for the month of November, so if you get a chance, take a trip down to Old Town Alexandria and see all the small works in The Art League Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment