Sunday, November 23, 2014

Ft Smith Results

Evening Over Georgetown
by Jane McElvany Coonce
Friday nights reception was a huge success.  Thanks to all of you that came out on such a cold night.  It was great seeing so many of my friends.

Two of my paintings found a new home.  The first one is a Key Bridge painting that I did in very monochromatic colors.  In class, one of the projects I did with my students was monochromatic paintings.  I did a few myself.  This was one of the paintings I did from the monochromatic series.

The other one that found it's way into a new home is the painting that is my Christmas card this year, "Black Capped Chickadee."  I encourage my students to do a Christmas card painting.  That way there friends can see what they've been doing.  I always try to do one, too.

I haven't even started addressing the Christmas cards yet.  I need to get through Thanksgiving first!  Hard to believe that Christmas is only a month away.

Black Capped Chickadee
by Jane McElvany Coonce

No comments:

Post a Comment