Thursday, November 20, 2014

Shrink Wrap at Ft. Smith

Summer's Bounty
by Jane McElvany Coonce
As an artist, I do many paintings a year.  It gets expensive to frame everything.  So sometimes, I'll just mat it and put it in a plastic cover and not frame it.  I sell it at a reduced cost because I know the patron has to go out and buy a frame. We call these pieces of art "shrinkwrap."  I also switch out paintings from shrink wrap to frames so that I can show pieces in places where a frame is necessary.  However, at Ft Smith this weekend, I will have both framed pieces and shrink wrap pieces.

Above is a watercolor called "Summer's Bounty."  It's a still life that I painted from life.  It would be great for a kitchen or breakfast nook.
Wintertime for a Chickadee
by Jane McElvany Coonce

Another piece I did was called "Wintertime for a Chickadee." It also is a shrink wrap that is very inexpensive.  This was a fun one to do because I used kosher salt in the background to give it texture.  It looks like ice crystals on the branches.  I hope you'll get by and see the paintings not only on the walls but also in the shrink wrap bins.  Lots of bargains there!

Ft Smith runs this weekend from Friday night to Sunday afternoon.  The reception is Friday night from 6-8 pm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment