Friday, September 4, 2015

Sun Kissed

Sun Kissed
by Jane McElvany Coonce
This is a portrait of an artist I know. She is a very dramatic person, and I asked her if I could do her portrait.  She said yes.

I started the piece this spring. Then I put it down as I got ready to teach on the cruise ship.  It was about 3/4 of the way done, and I needed to sit down and finish it.  So that's what I did this week.

This was a painting that had a lot of detail.  The hat in itself took a lot of time. The face had the added challenge of all the sun light dots coming through the hat and hitting the face. But it was also a painting that I really enjoyed doing.  (Not all paintings are fun!)

I'm also trying to get better at naming paintings.  Diane Tesler has been giving me guidance.  I'm trying to become better at naming paintings which is an art form in itself.  So what do you think of the title "Sun Kissed". Can you think of a better one?  I'd love to hear your suggestions.




No comments:

Post a Comment