Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

Silver Teapot and Pears
oil painting by Jane McElvany Coonce

A Piggy Bank's Dream
oil painting by Jane McElvany Coonce
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays.  It's not about buying presents or decorating the house. It's about cooking food and spending time with your family and friends. It's about sitting around the table and being grateful and thankful for those who are sharing the meal with you.  It's that simple.

I have been blessed with a great family (my parents, my husband, my children) and great friends.  I have the greatest friends in the world.
I don't know how I would have made it this far in life without them.

I have been blessed with doing a job I love: painting and teaching.  I can't think of anything better!

God has been good to me.  And I'm thankful.
Tomorrow is the day we set aside to give thanks.  I hope everyone has a day that makes them thankful for the other 364 days of the year.

Happy Thanksgiving.



No comments:

Post a Comment