Sunday, December 4, 2016

1st Place Prize in the Hollin Hills Show 2016

Hot Dog Stand in the Theatre District
by Jane McElvany Coonce
I am on a roll lately.  Last week I won 2nd place in the national juried show, "Figuratively Speaking", with my sculpture "Harriet".  This weekend I won first place in the "Famous Artists of the 21st Century" show held at Hollin Hall in Alexandria, VA.
I had several pieces in the show, but my watercolor, "Hot Dog Stand in the Theatre District" won 1st place.  It's quite an honor because there are some really FABULOUS artists that are in this show.  So I was quite shocked when I found out I won.  There were so many beautiful paintings in this show.

If I had known I was going to have my picture taken with my painting, I would have combed my hair and worn something a little nicer.  Oh well, that's what artists are like - half the time we look like rag-a-muffins. Today was one of those days.





No comments:

Post a Comment