Monday, April 20, 2020

Corona Virus Painting # 7: Georgetown in the Distance

Georgetown from a Distance
oil painting by Jane McElvany Coonce
24x24
If you haven't noticed by now, I love painting the Key Bridge and Georgetown University in the background.  I LOVE that view.  I don't know why.  Here's the latest painting I have done since this Corona virus has trapped me in my studio.  To be honest, I'm enjoying being in my studio more than normal.  I am painting so much more than when I have to teach my classes and go to meetings.  I've made a list of all the things I want to paint and checking them off as I do them.

This painting, "Georgetown from a Distance" was done from a photo I took as I stood on the little bridge that goes over to Roosevelt Island.  Can't go there now, the park service has it closed off, but I have so many photos I've taken over the years that I have an endless supply. 

I've done 7 painting in a month and a half.  Not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment