Monday, July 27, 2020

Rainy Days

Red Umbrella on a Rainy Day
oil painting by Jane McElvany Coonce
I am teaching my 2nd session of online oil painting classes. I have 2 classes that are both on Thursdays.  One is at 2pm and the other at 7 pm.   The first week we worked on rainy day scenes.  I did a demo, explaining how to block in a painting and then proceed to finish it as best I can in an hour.  Afterwards, I send notes to my students so if they have forgotten the steps or what colors to mix, they can follow the notes.  My students have been doing great work and I'm proud them.

These are the two paintings I did for the first class. Rainy day scenes are fun because the wet pavement has all kinds of reflections in it.
Strolling on a Rainy Day
oil painting by Jane McElvany Coonce

No comments:

Post a Comment