Friday, July 22, 2022

What's Your Favorite Season?

People ask me what is my favorite season to paint? During Covid, I painted all 4 seasons and really enjoyed doing the different landscapes that came with every season. Summer, of course, makes me think of the beach. My brother has a beach house up in Dewey Beach, Delaware, and we go there all the time.
I even tried my hand at some palette knife painting.
Winter can be beautiful with the snow. I took a walk around the tidal basin where the cherry blossoms bloom in the spring. It was winter and there was snow on the ground. The trees were bare, but the color of the snow was beautiful.
Spring is always beautiful after a long cold winter. It feels like the earth is rejuvenating itself and sending flowers to get us out of our deep sleep. Spring is the best time to visit the tidal basin when the cherry blossoms are actually blooming. It's a sight to see if you've never seen it before. The Jefferson Memorial is there, and all the pink of the trees reflect in the water.
Fall is the time when colors change. I normally don't paint many autumn scenes, but this year I did. Birds fly south and the kids go back to school. The beach is quiet. It's my favorite time down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment