Saturday, April 28, 2012

Another Key Bridge Painting

Looking Down on Key Bridge and M St.
by Jane McElvany Coonce


For those of you that know me, you know I'm obsessed with the Key Bridge.  Why? I don't know.  I just know every time I drive down the George Washington Parkway that overlooks the Potomac River and Washington D.C., I almost wreck my car because I'm looking at that beautiful vista.   I've done zillions of Key Bridge paintings from many angles, different times of day, different times of year.  This view was from the top of the Marriott in Rosslyn when we attended our friend Melissa's wedding.  It was 5:00 in the evening, and the sun was hitting the bridge.  I took photos through the glass hoping they would turn out.  It was raining that evening, and the glass was spotted with drops of rain.  I tried to aim my camera in between spots.
Luckily the photos turned out perfectly, so I did this great shot of the beginning of Georgetown on M St.
I just finished it this week, or at least I think I'm done.  I'll have to stare at it a bit more before I say fini!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment