Saturday, April 14, 2012

Back from New York

Shades of Gray in the City
by Jane McElvany Coonce
Tom and I went to New York for a few days for the fabulous wedding of Timothy Huff and his beautiful bride, Leila.  We went up a day early so that I could take lots of photos of the city in hopes of getting some new material for paintings.

"Shades of Gray in the City" was a painting I did from my last trip up the the Big Apple.  This was a fun painting to do, so I'm hoping I took more fun photos.

What a fabulous city!  I must have left out a lot of cars and people in this painting because it didn't look like this when we were walking around on Thursday and Friday.  I have never seen so many yellow cabs on one street in my life!

Maybe in a few months I'll have another group of New York city scenes!  Can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment