Sunday, May 20, 2012

Wrap Up on It's A Steal

Reading at the Beach
by Jane McElvany Coonce

     For anyone who missed the show, "It's A Steal", you need to make sure you put it on your calendar for next year.  It was a great success.  All paintings were $75 or less.  The last post I displayed a painting of "The Flute Player" which sold!  The one on today's post "Reading at the Beach" also sold!  Actually,  8 of my paintings found a new home, so I was pretty happy.  The painting above was one that I did "plein air".  That is, I set up on the beach and painted this woman reading her book.  It must have been a VERY good book because she never noticed that I was painting her.
     Whenever we do a show like this, it's exhausting.  So I'm going to put my feet up tonight and relax.  But tomorrow is a new day with paintings waiting to be born.  Don't want to deny their right to exist, so I'll start again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment