Monday, May 28, 2012

Jane's Art Class on the Farm




My friend, Sue Tepaske, has a farm in Maryland.  She invited me to come there and paint.  I went with 2 other artists.  We spread out, and I set up in front of the barn and silo with about 25 cows in front.  But of course, as soon as I got everything ready to paint, the cows left the scene.  I was disappointed but figured I'd just do the barn and silo and the path leading up to them.  I painted away and then I got a strange sensation that someone was behind me.  I knew there couldn't be anyone there because we were out in the country.  I refused to turn around and look because I thought I was being ridiculous.  But the more I painted, the more I felt like someone was sneaking up on me.  The hairs on the back of my neck stood up on end.  Finally, I decided I would slowly turn around and prove to myself that no one was there.  To my surprise, I had an audience watching me paint.  There must have been 10 cows gathered in a semi circle watching me do my thing.  Luckily, one of the other artists snapped a photo.  Otherwise, no one would have ever believed me.

1 comment: