Thursday, February 28, 2013

First Friday - March 1

How They Met
acrylic painting on paper
by Jane McElvany Coonce

I spent the early morning setting up my new studio space.  Although I'm in the same area, I've rearranged things and it looks totally different.  You've got to see it.  It looks great!

I am officially inviting everyone to first Friday at Stifel and Capra.  Wine and hors d'oeuvres will be served.  I have a whole wall of oil paints on one side and a whole wall of my contemporary acrylic paintings on the other side.  The painting above "How They Met" is a diptych.  This means you get two paintings under one frame.  I was inspired by the song "Bus Stop" by the Hollies (this is a 60's song so some of you won't remember! )  The song told about a guy who met his future wife at the bus stop.  He asked her if she'd like to share his umbrella while they waited for the bus.  My painting show 2 people each with their own umbrella, but in the next scene they are both under one umbrella. So this painting is a tribute to Bus Stop, the Hollies, and the 60's music.  The best music ever!

1 comment:

  1. Your space looks fantastic! I painted for a few hours there today. I won't be there tomorrow, but gave Theresa a little money to buy whatever is needed. If you are bored, pull out some shrinkwraps and prop them up for me. I forgot to do that. :)

    ReplyDelete