Sunday, December 22, 2013

Merry Christmas 2013

Waiting for Christmas
watercolor
by Jane McElvany Coonce

I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who has followed my blog; this is a great way to support me.  As an artist, the most enjoyable thing about the business is the creating of art work.  The second most enjoyable thing is sharing what I've created with people who appreciate  my endeavors.  This blog has given me the opportunity to share what I've done with more people than I ever have before.

The painting , "Waiting for Christmas", is a tribute to my beloved Seamus, who passed away in September.  He was a wonderful companion who laid down in my art room while I painted.  He never passed judgement on any of my art work, not even ones that I wasn't happy with.  He was a gentle soul,and he is truly missed.
I decided to dedicate my Christmas card to him.  Every year, I paint something and turn it into a Christmas card.  This is another way I can share what I'm doing with friends and family.

This is my first Christmas card that was a watercolor.  I usually do oil paintings.  But I've been focusing on watercolor this year so that I can do a better job teaching on the cruise ships.

I hope everyone has a fantastic holiday with their friends and family.  I know I'm looking forward to spending this week with my sons, my husband and my brother.  I am blessed, and I thank the Lord every day for the life he has given me.  Being an artist has been one of the most rewarding accomplishments I've ever done.  Thanks, Mom, for taking me to art class.  

No comments:

Post a Comment