Monday, December 2, 2013

Potomac Valley Watercolorists - Featured Artist

Patiently Waiting
by Jane McElvany Coonce

For the month of December, I am the featured artist on the Potomac Valley Watercolorists website.
Please visit the site: http://www.potomacvalleywatercolorists.org/
It's quite an honor to be in PVW.  It's a juried membership and quite difficult to get in.  It's another honor to be featured on their website.

PVW has many great artists that work in water media (watercolor , acrylic and gauche.)  It's interesting to look at the different styles of the artists.

"Patiently Waiting" is a painting that I sold, and it's one of those paintings that I miss.  There was something special about that painting.  It would be impossible to replicate this pose because of the technique I used with using an abstract underpainting.  I would never be able to produce the same underpainting which influences the finished product.  So I just have to paint different paintings and hope I do another that really pleases me in the same way that this one did.

No comments:

Post a Comment