Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Juried into Mayhem Show

Saigon Traffic
by Jane McElvany Coonce
The Gallery Underground along with the Arlington Artists Alliance sponsored a juried show entitled "Mayhem."  I had taken a photograph in Saigon that I thought would be perfect.  I was on the bus looking out the window and the traffic looked like mayhem to me.  Lots of mopeds and a few cars sprinkled in for good measure.

So I did this painting from my reference photos.  The jurying took place on Sunday.  The juror was Mark Cameron Boyd, adjunct professor at the Corcoran School of Art in Washington, D.C. It was a national show with artists submitting from all over the country.   178 paintings were submitted, and he only picked 31.  I was one of the fortunate 31.

The show starts April 28 and runs through May31. I feel quite honored to be part of the show.  It will be interesting to see the other artists' interpretation of Mayhem.



No comments:

Post a Comment