Tuesday, April 1, 2014

"Body of Work" show opens this Friday, April 4

Under the Street Lamp
by Jane McElvany Coonce
I have another reception I'd like to invite you to.   "Body of Work"  is a show where each artist in the gallery showcases a series that they are working on.  My series is "Night Scenes," and I have 5 paintings in the show.  "Under the Street Lamp" is a large oil painting, 30 inches x 30 inches.  It depicts a meeting of two people on a rainy night with a dog as the chaperone.  All the paintings I will be showing will be of night scenes or twilight scenes.  I haven't seen the show yet, but I hear it looks beautiful.  All the paintings will be grouped together so that you get the impact of the series.  Each artist has their own series so it should be interesting to see what everyone has focused on.

The show hangs for the month of April at the Gallery Underground in Crystal City.
The reception is Friday night, April 4 (my birthday!) from 5 - 8 pm.  I'll be there, so come party with me!



No comments:

Post a Comment