Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Ultimate Compliment

watercolor by Kate Fandetti

Today I received the ultimate compliment.  I received an email from Kate Fandetti, one of my students from a cruise to the Baltic that we took  last summer.  She wrote:

" I hope you remember me - I took your wonderful classes on the Baltic Cruise last summer.  I am totally hooked and am enjoying learning and reading and experimenting!  Here are a few things I've done recently.....just wanted to share as you were the one that turned me on to watercolor!!"

I can't tell you how much that meant to me.  Being a teacher is a fantastic job, but it is even more fantastic when you get feedback about how you made a difference.  I love teaching on the cruise ships and although I only teach for an hour, I try to make it fun and also successful for each artist.

I am so proud of Kate.  She has accomplished so much in a short time.  And I also thank Kate for sharing her sentiments with me.  She made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment