Thursday, July 10, 2014

Hanging the Show for the Birthday Sale

Hip Hip Hooray
by Jane McElvany Coonce
I hung my show today for Stifel and Capra.  I put in 20 framed pieces and 20 shrinkwrap pieces (unframed works.)  I only had the small wall where my studio used to be.  It's on the 2nd floor over in the corner.  I used every square inch I could to get as many pieces ups as possible.

The sale doesn't officially start until next Friday.  It runs for 3 days:  Friday, July 18, Saturday July 19, and Sunday July 20.  There actually is a sneak preview night next Thursday, July 17 from 6-8.  However, you have to let Stifel and Capra know that you are coming because of liquor license laws.  Yes, there will be wine and hors d'oeuvres served.  I will be there at the beginning, but I have to teach that night so I can't stay for the whole time.  Here's your chance to own a McElvany original at a very discounted price.  There are all sizes, from small works to larger pieces.  I will also have boxed cards there, too.

I have several themes.  I have my boat series - about 6 of the boat theme.  I have florals and gardens - about 5 of those.
And I have some from my crab series - 3 of those. I also have some miscellaneous ones that don't really fit those 3 themes. You'll just have to come and see.

All art work is $125 or less.  I only do this once a year.  Don't miss your chance.
Boat Dry Docked
by Jane McElvany Coonce

No comments:

Post a Comment