Saturday, April 25, 2015

Bushel of Crabs - SOLD!

Bushel of Crabs
by Jane McElvany Coonce
Bushel of Crabs was one of the paintings from my crab series.  I put it at the Gallery Underground last month, but it didn't sell.  Then after the show came down, a person came into the gallery and said they had been thinking about the painting and wondered if it was still available.  The gallery staff called me, and I was happy to tell them that it was still available. So I carried it over to the gallery and the happy customer bought it.

This isn't unusual.  A lot of times, a person will see a painting they like.  They may stop by the venue and may see it several times, each time thinking about how much they like the painting.  It's not until the painting is no longer hanging on the walls that the person realizes that they really want to own it and then have to try and track it down to see if it's still available.  But most people will go the extra length to track it down and bring it home.  When you fall in love with a painting, you know you have to have it. I love happy endings!


No comments:

Post a Comment