Friday, April 24, 2015

Cherry Blossoms

Cherry Blossoms in a Beer Mug
The Gallery Underground had a special show in April called "Spring Light".  All members of the gallery were allowed to put in one painting that had to do with spring.  I chose, for my piece, a still life painting that I had done of cherry blossoms.  What is more iconic in Washington than cherry blossoms in spring?

The painting found a new home this week and will be moving to Michigan.  I hope the person that purchased it will remember the beautiful cherry blossoms of Washington every time they look at this painting.  If you wonder why so many tourists come to DC to see the cherry blossom, then you haven't  wandered along the tidal basin in a while.  It is a beautiful sight and one that I relish seeing every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment