Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A Week of Watercolor Workshop

California Harbor
by Jane McElvany Coonce

Sorry I haven't posted lately.  I was in a watercolor workshop last week with a California artist named Frank Eber.  His work is very atmospheric, and I've been following him for a while.  I talked him into coming here.  He conducted a 4 day workshop for 15 artists and showed us his style of wet into wet.  It's not an easy thing to do and one feels totally out of control.  It was a stressful week, but I learned a lot and am glad he came and shared his knowledge.  These are two examples of what I did in the workshop.  I am looking forward to practicing what I learned.  It's going to probably take a lot of failures before I can master this technique, but that's what I plan to do this summer.  I'll keep you posted with my attempts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment