Monday, June 29, 2015

Results of the Home Show at Allen Pierce's

Pansies in a Blue and White Bowl
oil painting by Jane McElvany Coonce
Allen Pierce opened his home up this weekend with my paintings covering his walls.  He lives in Washington, DC on the cutest street in the whole city.  We had a great turn out, and I sold 4 pieces!

One of the pieces I sold was a pansy piece.  This spring when the pansies were blooming, I did several paintings of these gorgeous flowers.  I love pansies; they have faces and take on a personality of their own.  My framer, Rob Plati, had made a beautiful frame for it, and I was hoping this piece would find a good home.  It did!

Another piece I sold was from my big sky series.  I did 7 big sky paintings with the Georgetown shoreline in the background.  Some of the skies are more dramatic than others.  Allen had placed the piece, "As Evening Sets", over his piano.  He had beautiful lighting on the piece that accentuated the light hitting under the bridge.  It was Allen's favorite piece.  It also found a new home.  Allen was happy for me, but I think secretly he had hoped it wouldn't sell so he could purchase it.

I enjoyed meeting so many new and interesting people.  Allen is a great host not to mention a fabulous cook! He is planning a few more receptions before the show comes down.  He still wants to invite his rowing friends.  I'm sure the rowing people are very familiar with how the scene changes along the Georgetown shores since they row every day in all kinds of weather.  It must be glorious to be out on the river in the early morning when the city is quiet.  And the scenery!  Maybe I should take up rowing.
As Evening Sets
oil painting by Jane McElvany Coonce



No comments:

Post a Comment