Thursday, June 4, 2015

Porsche of Arlington Grand Opening Art Showcase

Life in the Fast Lane
Original oil painting by Jane McElvany Coonce
The Porsche of Arlington has sponsored an art contest.  The art work can be in any medium , but it must include the Porsche brand, the Porsche of Arlington building or a Porsche vehicle of any model or year.  Artists had to submit  art work by digital entry and the dealership picks 30 entries to be in the show.  The prizes are fantastic with the top prize being $2,000!

I went over to the showroom and photographed cars from every angle.  I picked this view and painted it.  I have to say it was a fun painting to do!  All that shiny paint and the reflections.  I've had it sitting in my living room waiting to see if it made the top 30, and my youngest son, Brian, and his friends have been drooling over it.  I'm not sure if they are drooling over the car or the painting.  Maybe both!

I made the top 30, so I delivered my painting yesterday to the showroom.  The dealership is having a grand opening of their new showroom and will display all of the paintings that were chosen for the show. The dealership is located at 3100 Jefferson Davis Highway in Crystal City.  On Sunday, the winner will be announced.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment