Friday, January 3, 2020

Happy New Year 2020

Remains of the Day
oil painting by Jane McElvany Coonce
now displayed at Portabellos Restaurant in Arlington, VA
Happy New Year!
 2019 was a great year for me as an artist.  I painted 63 paintings!  Some were oils and some were watercolor.  I sold 69 paintings, although not all from this year's stock.  At that rate, you would think I would have fewer paintings in my closets.  Unfortunately, that's not the case. My closets are still loaded with paintings.  I appreciate all my patrons who have valued my art over the years.  Thanks to all of you who have encouraged me and let me know when you like a painting I've done.  It keeps me motivated.

I have a lot of exciting shows and trips coming up this year.  In March and April, I've been invited to show my work at National Institute of Health (NIH).  I'm extremely excited to show there.  I also have two teaching cruises lined up. One starts in Lima, Peru that goes through the Panama Canal and ends up in the Grand Caymans.  Another teaching cruise is to the Black Sea where we will visit Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Georgia and Russia!!!!!  That should be a very interesting trip.  I also am taking some of my art students to paint in Cornwall, England for a week.

So as you can see, I'm excited to paint a lot of new areas of the world.  I hope you'll continue to follow me on my artistic journey. I always need encouragement!


No comments:

Post a Comment