Saturday, April 11, 2020

Flower Paintings

Here's the latest painting I've done since we've been in "shelter in place" for the Corona virus.
Since I'm not teaching my 5 art classes, I have a lot of time to to paint.  The painting is 16 x 20, and I painted it to go in a frame I had sitting in my closet.  I'm trying to access what frames I have in what sizes before I start a painting.  I have closets full of frames.  I need to start using them.

Pink Roses
oil painting by Jane McElvany Coonce
(16x20 inches)

Here's another painting I finished.  I actually did this last year, but it only had one flower in it.  I thought it looked boring, so I pulled it out and add the white flower, the bud and some rose hips.
When this pandemic is over, I am going to have a houseful of paintings, and hopefully, fewer frames in the closets.
Peonies
oil painting by Jane McElvany Coonce
5x5 inches


No comments:

Post a Comment