Monday, June 11, 2012

Harry Potter's Bookshelf

Harry Potter's Bookshelf by Jane McElvany Coonce

Sorry I haven't blogged in over a week!  Last week was the week from hell!  I didn't have a moment to sit down and put my feet up.  The Arlington Artists Alliance is opening a new co-op gallery in Crystal City and I'm the Executive Director.  So things have been crazy.  More on that later.

I have a online store on Etsy. (not to be mistaken with Esty, an online dating site.)  Think of Etsy that rhymes with Betsy.  It's a site for all things that are handmade.  My store is calledFineArtStudios and you can find it at: www.etsy.com/shop/FineArtStudios
I haven't sold anything in a while on Etsy, but last Thursday, I sold a giclee of Harry Potter's Bookshelf.  This was a painting that I had done for Kevin, my middle son, when he was younger.  Kevin was a child who hated to read.  When the Harry Potter books came out, I read the first one to him.  He loved it.  He wanted me to read it to him again, but I told him he could read it himself.  That's when he became an avid reader.  So I did this painting for Kevin to honor his love of Harry Potter and how Harry changed his life. If you are a Harry Potter fan like I am, you'll recognize all the things that Harry Potter might have on his bookshelf.

The giclee I sold on Etsy is a very fine reproduction of the original painting.  I hope the new owner will get as much enjoyment out of it as Kevin does.

No comments:

Post a Comment