Wednesday, August 8, 2012

New August Show at the Northern Virginia Arts Center

Sidewalk Cafe by Jane McElvany Coonce
The Northern Virginia Arts Center  has it's August Show up.  If you haven't been over to our new gallery, it is a must see.  It's located at the Crystal City Shops on Crystal Drive and 20th  St.
The gallery is right new to Au Bon Pain.  There is free parking if you ask the gallery director for a coupon which she will gladly give you.

 I have several painting in the August show.  The one above is a cafe scene and was done from a photograph I took in Vancouver.  The project  I had my students do this summer was to do a scene where people would be in the landscape. It could be a cafe scene, a farmer's market, but something that had a landscape and some people in the landscape.   This is a painting I started as a demo, and I liked how it was developing so I finished it up in my studio.

The show will hang until Aug 25 and then a new show will go up for September.  The gallery hours are Monday - Friday , 10 am to 6 pm and Saturdays from 10 to 2 pm.  We are closed on Sunday.
Hope you can make it before Aug. 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment