Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Paint In this Wednesday, Aug 15

Great Oaks of Easton
by Jane McElvany Coonce
Tomorrow is a big day at the gallery.  We will be having a paint-in, and I will be one of the participating artists.  I will be there from 11:30 am until 1:30 pm.  I will start a painting, and if I'm lucky, I'll have it well under way by the end of the session.

I'm planning to do a New York scene in oil.  I took many photographs when I was up there in April.  Come watch me develop a painting from a empty white canvas to an action packed scene.

There will be dessert and refreshments, so stop by if you get a chance.

The painting to the left is a little plein air piece I did up in Easton.  It's small, but I like how it turned out.  It's hanging at the gallery along with several other pieces of mine.

The Northern Virginia Art Gallery is located in Crystal City in Arlington, VA.  It is located in the shops along Crystal Drive and 20th St.  There is a garage on 20th St.  Park there, and I'll give you free parking vouchers so you don't have to pay anything.  Hope to see you. (And wish me luck!)

No comments:

Post a Comment