Thursday, September 27, 2012

2 Paintings Sold Yesterday! Thanks Theresa!

RowBoat
by Jane McElvany Coonce




Yesterday was a great day!  Not only did I start a painting that will become my Christmas card this year, I also sold 2 paintings!  I have a studio in Falls Church at Stifel and Capra, 260 West Broad St. Theresa Stifel, the owner, emailed me and said she had a customer that was looking for a beach scene.  She asked me if I had anything. The people needed it as soon as possible.  I emailed some images to the couple.  They emailed me back and asked if I also had any garden paintings, especially sunflowers.
Garden of Shadows
by Jane McElvany Coonce
One of my favorite paintings, "Garden of Shadows" came to mind.  It's one I did a couple of years ago.  It's never sold, but frankly, I didn't care because it's one of my favorites.  So I sent  images of all my garden scenes.  The woman decided to buy two of my paintings, "Row Boat" to give as a present to her parents who just bought a beach house, and  "Garden of Shadows" to give as a present to her grandmother who loves sunflowers.

I delivered them to the buyer at 4 pm and at 5 pm they left for New Jersey to be delivered  to their new owners.  I'm glad two of my favorite paintings found a good home.  I will miss hanging them in my house, but now I have an excuse to paint more.

No comments:

Post a Comment