Sunday, May 5, 2013

Hanging My Solo Show

Copper Poacher and Crabs
by Jane McElvany Coonce

Today, I hung my solo show at the Gallery Underground in Crystal City.  I put up 24 paintings!  I think the show looks great.  The gallery has new windows in the front of the store, and it really allows people to see into the gallery.  It's quite stunning.

Bushels of Crabs
by Jane McElvany Coonce
My show is called "A Visual Feast."  It showcases my crab series, which I have 10 paintings that feature crabs.  There are also other paintings that feature "a feast."  The show will hang until Saturday, June 1, so if you can't make it to the opening reception this Friday, May 10th from 5 - 8 pm, you still have plenty of time to see the exhibit.  There is free parking in the garage after 4 pm every day, and it's free all day on Saturday.  The garage is located on 20th St
 between Jefferson Davis Highway and Crystal Drive in Arlington.

I just got back from teaching on a cruise and I have a lot to say about that.  However, I was so excited that I hung the show today that I thought I'd start with that blog.  I wasn't able to write on the blog while I was at sea.  However, I've got lots of pictures and tales to share.  More later.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment