Saturday, May 11, 2013

Rececption Report

The March of the Crabs
by Jane McElvany Coonce
Sailboat at the Marina
by Jane McElvany Coonce

Catching the Bus
by Jane McElvany Coonce

SOLD!!!!!      Before the reception even started, The March of the Crabs sold.  It sold to a woman who has been waiting for my crab series to go on exhibit.  I've been holding on to all of them so that I would have enough for a show.  She got first pick and this is what she bought!  I am so happy my crab painting has a good home.

There was a good turn out for the reception.  I saw a lot of people who I haven't seen in a very long time!  It was so good to see old friends (and new ones!)

Two other paintings of mine sold from the members' show.
"Catching the Bus" which was from my New York series sold to a dear friend.  "Sailboat at the Marina" was a painting I did up on the Eastern Shore last year.

I was exhausted by the end of the evening.  I had prepared food all morning and afternoon, and then went over to the gallery in the afternoon and set up.  By 8 pm, I was ready to put my feet up.

Thanks to all of you who could make it.  If you couldn't , there is still time to see the show.  It hangs until June 1.

The Gallery Underground is open Monday - Friday from 10-6 and Saturdays 10-2.
It's located at Crystal City Underground on 20th St. between Jefferson Davis Highway and Crystal City Dr.  Let me know what you think  if you stop by and see the show.


No comments:

Post a Comment