Saturday, September 21, 2013

Cruise Report: Copenhagen, Denmark

The Little Mermaid
by Jane McElvany Coonce
One of the cities we visited on the  cruise was Copenhagen.  This is a beautiful city.  The Little Mermaid is something everyone recognizes that represents this town.  So this is what I chose for my students to paint.  In painting this, the artist has to capture the rocks that the sculpture sits on as well as the bronze look of the sculpture itself.  I think my students did an amazing job.  Here are a few of the ones that were brave enough to put their paintings up on the wall so I could photograph them.  These are all first time watercolorists.  It's interesting how each artist interprets what they see in a different way!
by Kate Fandetti
by Gail Sivis

by Don Dale
by Helen Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment