Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Cruise to Scandinavia and Russia - Part 1: Amsterdam

Sorry it's taken me so long to post about the teaching cruise I just finished.  Unfortunately, life got in the way.  But I'm getting back on my feet and ready to blog.

Windmills of Amsterdam
by Jane McElvany Coonce

We flew to Amsterdam a few days ahead of time to adjust to the jet lag.  We visited the Rijks Museum that has a great collection of paintings including The Night Watch by Rembrandt.  On Saturday, Aug 24,we boarded the Celebrity Constellation and began our journey for Scandinavia and Russia.  The first day at sea, I taught my first class.  We did "The Windmills of Amsterdam."  Most of the students had never painted before.  What they did was incredible.
by Don Dale
by Janet Coe

By Ellen Borkenhagen
I was very impressed what these students accomplished in one hour.  I will be putting up a selection of paintings from throughout the trip in the next couple of days.  I hope the students are checking my blog and getting to see their work knowing that people around the world are looking at their success!

No comments:

Post a Comment