Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Tribute to Seamus

Life of the Party
by Jane McElvany Coonce
Our family really misses Seamus who departed this world on Monday night.  I thought I'd share a painting I did for my son, Nicholas.  It's in the trompe l'oeil fashion so it's not really framed; the "frame" is painted on the canvas.

I did this painting of Seamus breaking through a painting of dogs playing cards.  He's looking for where the party is, just like his master, Nicholas, did all through college.

This painting was a labor of love.  Painting that frame to make it look like the painting has a frame on it was probably the hardest part.

I don't do many trompe l'oeil paintings any more because they do take so much time.  However, they sure are fun to paint.

My next blog will be about my trip to Scandinavia and Russia and I will share some of the paintings that my students did on the ship.  Stay tuned.  They really did a fantastic job.

No comments:

Post a Comment