Friday, November 22, 2013

Ft. Smith Show -Fall 2014

Snowy Day on the Potomac
by Jane McElvany Coonce
Tonight is the opening reception of the Ft. Smith Show, the biggest show of the Arlington Artists Alliance of the year!  I will be there tonight so I hope you can stop by and say hi.  The reception tonight is always lovely; it's like going to a cocktail party.  If you can't make it tonight , you can always stop by on Saturday or Sunday.  Ft. Smith is located at 2411 N. 24th St. in Arlington.

Hours:
   Fri, Nov 22,   6 - 8 pm
   Sat, Nov 23, 10 am - 5 pm
   Sun, Nov 24,  12noon- 4 pm


The painting above is the first winter scene I've ever done of the Key Bridge.  As many times as I've painted that bridge, I never did a winter scene, much less a snow scene.  My husband asked me why I'd never done a winter scene of the bridge before, and I guess it's because I don't go over to Roosevelt Island as much in the winter.  It's too cold!  But maybe this winter, I'll try to get over there more and take some new photos.  I'll take the new puppy, Leila, and introduce her to Seamus' favorite walking spot. He loved going over there and taking a swim in the Potomac.  Some how, that doesn't sound too inviting in the winter, but as crazy as Leila is, she'll probably jump in.

Hope to see you tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment