Thursday, February 26, 2015

Big Sky No. 2

Georgetown Under the Big Sky No. 2
oil painting by Jane McElvany Coonce
So here's my 2nd "Big Sky Painting".  This time , I used a photo I took when the sky was brilliantly blue, which doesn't happen very often in Washington.  But when it does, the sky is gorgeous!
Although I'm not a meteorologist, I think these are cumulous clouds.  The interesting thing about sky is that it reflects in the water; on a blue sky day, the Potomac is as blue as can be.  On overcast days, it's a bit more murky looking.  I don't know if you have driven down the George Washington Parkway recently, but the water is white!  It's totally frozen over.  It's actually quite pretty.

My next sky painting will be an evening sky with clouds.  It's my favorite so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment