Monday, March 2, 2015

Big Sky No. 3

Evening Sky Over Georgetown
oil painting by Jane McElvany Coonce

Here's another of my "Big Sky" series.  This is the first one that was an evening sky.  Someone asked me what I was going to do with all these big sky paintings.  The answer is that I am going to show them in April at the Gallery Underground in Crystal City.  I have been chosen the featured artists of the month, so they will group all of my painting together and you'll get to see the whole collection of the Big Sky works.  I  need to get busy though because I haven't finished all of them yet.  I have all the skies done, but not the views of Key Bridge and Georgetown.  I've been sort of side tracked by looking at granite and cabinets as we redo our kitchen.  But the carpenter started today, so hopefully I will be able to concentrate on painting again real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment