Thursday, October 8, 2015

Equinox
original watercolor by Jane McElvany Coonce

So here is my 2nd attempt and trying out the new technique I learned from Frank Eber.  It's a scene in New York.  I went up there last December with my son.  It was cold and rainy.  Kevin was disappointed that it was raining, but I told him that it was a blessing because rainy days make the best photos for painting!  We walked along the High Line and at the end, went down the steps to the streets and proceeded to walk back.  I took over a hundred photos, but this is one that I really loved.  I loved the reflections in the glass window, and I loved the people that happened to be walking down the street that day.  Sometimes, an artist has to use one photograph for the background and a different one for the people.  But this one was perfect!  I had so much fun painting it.

If you can think of a good title, send me a note.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment